1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How fast can you change a tire?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I thought 20 minutes along a dark road was pretty good. I'm no country bumpkin though, but I'm also aware it's not getting me on a pit crew. But that ain't too bad, is it?

2. oh, fuuuuuuuudge.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not bad at all. I think I've done it in 10 minutes when I knew the jack wasn't stuck in the hatch or slot. Helped change a part-time agate clerk's in about five minutes once.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I'd say 20's ok. I got it done a little quicker on the one time I got a flat on the highway, but not by much.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well it was a little less than 20. And I couldn't see except when cars were whizzing by at 70mph coming around the bend.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's a solid effort right there.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

A few minutes to call AAA... Half hour to wait for them to arrive... A few minutes to watch them change it... ;D

I actually had to change one a few weeks ago. It took me about 20 minutes which I didn't think was too bad since it had been several years since changing my last one...

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

20 is solid, a respectable effort under the conditions.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's also a task that you want to make sure you do right... As soon as I finished changing it a few weeks ago, I drove straight to a gas station and had them check it...

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have a hydraulic jack and a four-way wrench. You'd be amazed how much time those will save.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

My old man always envisioned himself in the pits of the Idy 500.

I was hoping to be the first to reference this. Damnit!

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Probably about 20 minutes.

One of the first things my Paw taught me after I got my license was how to change a tire. Valuable lesson, and when my kids get to that age, it's going to be one of the first things I'll teach them. Think of how much time/money you save from knowing how to change a tire. Now, if I can just learn how to change my oil ...

Draft saved Draft deleted