1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How early is too early for Christmas decorations?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, Nov 9, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I lugged out ours Friday after Thanksgiving.

Four (yes, four) fake trees of different sizes. They were all inherited. And 12 boxes, no they are crates, of decorations. She is also patient enough to buy stuff after Christmas for 75 percent off and box it up for the next season.

Mind you, this is all interior. We do welcome candles in the windows and a little lighting on the railing to the front door.

Needless to say, once I dredged all this up, I felt it was a great time to go and rake leaves in the yard.

I will give my wife props though, our house looks great inside.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Just found out they decorated my office over the weekend...they weren't supposed to touch it until November 30th....WTF?

Can't wait to go in when I can to see what the rush was for....better have been worth it.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Two of the lite stations started playing Christmas music two weeks ago. Needless to say, I quickly reprogrammed my car radio to not have those stations in there during their constant Christmas.

Once Dec. 26 hits and they shift back to normal music, I'll reprogram my car radio, but not before.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yahoo radio already has their Xmas stations. They were up and running last week.

Radio Stations don't start playing xmas music until Dec 1st, but I like their way, one song and hour for the first week, two the next week and by xmas week, 3-4 tunes in an hour with a couple of specials. Christmas eve, they play xmas music from 5am in the morning, right up until midnight xmas night.

Draft saved Draft deleted