1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does the NCAA allow this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://www.wftv.com/video/26166791/index.html

Alabama is in Orlando for the Capital One Bowl. They are practicing at an Orlando high school that happens to have a powerhouse football program. Alabama doesn't think the field is good enough. So they are paying to upgrade it. Oh, some of the players from this school are committed to Alabama. But I guess it is alright as long as they don't get free tattoos.

Seriously though, I understand if the field needs some work, but painting locker rooms? How does that benefit Alabama football? Roll tide.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Not only are a couple already committed, but one of the best running backs in the country picked Michigan over Alabama a while back and has been wavering on that commitment in the past month.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The kid has dreadlocks though, so he will probably end up in Ann Arbor. Unwritten rule.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Over the past few months, I've been wondering how the NCAA allows a lot of things.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

NCAA: Uh, hello? Is this the Cleveland State AD?

AD: Yes, it is who is this speaking?

NCAA: This is the NCAA.

AD: Ah shit, not again!! Go pick on Wayne State or Eastern Michigan, will 'ya?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I blame salary caps. (crossthread)

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

The NCAA doesn't have a cap. Just ask Cam Newton's father.

8. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Come on, this has NOTHING to do with recruiting, it's all out of the goodness of their hearts... spirit of the season!! And IF by chance some kid who's POSSIBLY wavering on his commitment decides to go to Bama, well then he'll just pay it forward next season. Heck, I'm sure the players are the ones doing the painting, and not some pros.

Saban probably even organized a bake sale to pay for the paint.. goodness out of their hearts spirit of the season, get it now?

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's right. ;)

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Nick's just trying to leave a better lasting impression than the last time he coached at the Capital One Bowl.

[​IMG]

11. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If we're talking about the same kid, he's not good enough to be a standout at that level. Not fast or big enough.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Florida has an offer out there to him. If he's being recruited by Florida, Bama and Michigan, I'm guessing he doesn't suck.

Draft saved Draft deleted