1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does he still have a job?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by statrat, Jan 26, 2007.

1. I honestly couldn't finish it. Flash, no substance.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Give this guy a pulitzer! [/sportsbruuuuuuuuuuh]

3. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Yeah, so, I still have no idea who the fuck he is.

And for the record, I don't like anybody I cover. Just easier that way.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Crimson, The first time I read Scoop Jackson was in SLAM! Magazine, a basketball magazine that deals not only with basketball, but also the streetball "life" as it were. They run a lot of features with hip-hop stylings, something Mr. Jackson has continued in his writing to this day. The magazine also runs features on new sneakers, games, and older players (60's and 70's era when I read it) so the kids would know who some of the greats from the past were. Did a great piece on World B.Free as I recall. At one point he was the editor-at-large.

Since then, I know he has writtern for Hoop magazine, when the NBA tried to give it's official mag some streed cred, and he has more recently worked for ESPN.com. He has covered the NBA Finals, NBA All-Star games, and has a lot of good contacts in the sport. Some people are turned off by his writing style, and some by his premises. He uses urban language because that's his thing. I personally don't mind it too much, but I only read pieces by him that I think I'd find interesting.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fixed.

6. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Guilty as charged.

So, now that I have an idea who Scoop is, I offer a revised "B" headline of "A lengthy way of poking fun at the NBA commish, a dopey white guy in a suit with no street cred who doesn't reflect the majority of the league."

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

What is this???

"Scoop Jackson, this is your life..."

Does he like Raisin Bran or Total?

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Shouldn't there be two scoops?

9. huh?

white tees?

10. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Home jerseys?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Crimson asked who he was. I gave maybe a little too much, but I think it's good to provide as much info as possible.

As for cereals, I have no idea, never met the man.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Where is JDV?

Draft saved Draft deleted