1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does Gonzales Hang On, Especially After This?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hey, at least he hasn't had a mess o' folks killed. Just saying.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Writer,

Not true. Specter, Hagel, Snowe, Collins are among those Republicans who thumbed-down Gonzo. Just not enough GOP votes to reach 60.

YHS, etc

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Lieberman is utterly mislabeled. The chief errand boy for Big Pharma and Big Ins, you were expecting anything else?

5. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Well he IS an independent and WAS a democrat that ran as Al Gore's VP in 2000.
    But yeah, he leans conservative. Just not all the time.

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Writer,

The equivalent would have been Jim Jeffords not voting the straight GOP line ... JL's wandering between the aisles. His vote on Gonzo, unremarkable. That so many GOP guys did, including profile types in Specter and Hagel, remarkable. Exactly the opposite of what you suggest.

YHS, etc

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Bubs,
    Buy low, sell high, my friend! ;)

Or are you expecting things to get worse before they get better?

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm telling you, 50 years from now, we'll look back and ask: How the hell did we let these people get away with so much shit?

The entire eight years of W is an embarrassment. Not to them. To us. Because we let this shit happen. Some played a more active role in it than others, but still, a whole lot of us endorsed what was happening by simply not caring enough to be outraged.

We failed ourselves. This system of government is controlled by us. And we've stopped caring. When they can't fit everything into a 30-second "update" or scroll the important shit across the bottom of our screen so we don't have to stop watching the show that's "really important," we don't give a shit. If it's the least bit complex, a large portion of this country doesn't even try to get it. Look at Iraq. We've got people on this site making 12-graf posts about the war and they've got absolutely no clue why those people are fighting or even who's fighting.

We've allowed these dipshits in the White House and in Congress to turn our system of government into a con game. You could fit the names of the people in either place who have legitimate morals and won't vote with their bank accounts onto a post-it note. The rest of them are running an endless campaign. They'll sell out any vote to the highest bidder, no matter how serious or how stupid. Shit, just look at the ban on assault weapons. The majority of this country and 75 percent of Congress believe that those weapons should be banned. But what happened?

It's our fault. Oh, sure, those crooked shits share some blame. But it's really on us. I mean, if I went to the mall today, parked my car, left my doors standing open, my wallet, iPod and a roll of cash lying on the seat and went inside for a couple of hours, who's fault would it be when I back out and found those things gone?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd blame an illegal alien.

10. Recently, say since 2006, when has he not? He's still pissed because the Connecticut Democrats kicked his ass and he had to get elected with Republican help. I'd toss him out of the caucus tomorrow if I were Reid.
    Anyway, the only way you're going to get rid of Gonzales is to impeach him. Fredo's not going to fire him because, as someone pointed out, Fredo has never taken responsibility for a mistake, or admitted an error, since he was 12.
    And, amen, dog. This is what happens when the they're-all-the-same-fuck-it-politics-doesn't-matter meme triumphs. This is the self-government you get.
    Ace? How do you NOT have a talk-show on 200 stations yet? You're born to it.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am thinking of becoming a conservative editorial writer for the paper. It would be a hoot, people would love me and I don't have to believe anything I write.

12. No, man. Talk-show's the way to go. You can pull hot conservatve chicks daily. Proveably.

Draft saved Draft deleted