1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does a SJ survive the first date?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by North61, Sep 12, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Flash has enough self-esteem for five people. You acted like a foof and got called on it.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

WTF are your writing about? What is a foof? As for self esteem, I don't know the guy personally. Maybe you do but to ask what to do about a second date on an internet "sports "chat line and to put yourself down as the original poster has done saying she's out of his league, that doesn't sound like anyone with much self esteem. I may be wrong and hope that I am.
    I don't know what you mean by getting "called out." I just made a suggestion. I think you may be trying to interpret something from the post that wasn't there.
    But it's all good. I think nearly everyone who has posted has recalled their past experiences with the help of helping the original poster.
    As for my response to Flash, I don't have a blue font and was complimenting him on his knowledge of Happy Days.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I can't wait until I get a date. I should probably get an Internet-friendlier phone so I can create threads while on my date.

I'd excuse myself, go to the bathroom and retreat back to the table when I'm through with this site. Hopefully the dinner will still be warm and the woman will still be there.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

lol

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You laugh because you believe I'm kidding.

It's cute.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Mike, you've to be kidding. But in all sincerity, I've seen guys panic on dates and call up friends for suggestions.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I am kidding. I'd never pay extra for an Internet phone.

I've only had one "real" first date, a high school formal in another state, almost nine years ago. I didn't have a chance to be that nervous, really. I don't even remember the girl leaving my side that night. But it was in a group dynamic for the most part, some dancing -- I am the whitest dancer alive ... really, really pale -- so I guess I was lucky.

I'd be too embarrassed to call my friends up anyway. They've got enough ammunition on me.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Just like everyone else in humanity?

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There are people who don't know about me.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They don't have to know you personally. As long as they know about Booger.

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Drip = Active exactly one month, 696 posts, no clue Flash is a chick.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes that is correct. I didn't know. So the point is?

Draft saved Draft deleted