1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does a SJ survive the first date?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by North61, Sep 12, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Make sure there's no leak before you go through all the trouble of a full inflation.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

If North61 has anything to do with where you are, make her a mooseburger.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Take mikey with you.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tell her sports journalists do it like Boots.

5. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Since you might actually be looking for a somewhat serious response (and on this board that's a mistake), here goes:

* Be honest yet approachable.
    * Keep her interested and find common ground between the two of you.
    * Make her laugh
    * Leave her wanting more

If you can do those four things, you're virtually assured of a second date. All you've got to do is show her that you're someone worth getting to know. Your goal at this point should be just to get to date No. 2. If things progress too fast, you'll ruin it.

My advice is to pay attention to her. Laugh at her jokes (if you think they're funny) and talk about yourself when needed. Remember, your a SJ. If she asks why you got into it, be honest. But wait until date No. 5 to tell her how much it really actually sucks.

Good luck.

Oh, and smile. Girls like that.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That'll probably work. If she's only got two possible destinations, chances are, I'll be watching Boy Meets World by midnight, alone.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And you wouldn't want it any other way.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

North, two suggestions: 1. Be yourself; 2. listen.

If you're not yourself and she likes you, then you have to be that other person all the time when you're around her.

As for the listen, women know when you're listening and when you're faking it. Besides, if you don't like listening to her, you're not meant for each other anyway.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

End of thread. All this other shit is a bunch of mind games, and is just another way to prolong the inevitable.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I really like that show.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

If you're coming here asking for real dating advice, you have no freaking hope. You're in the same boat as Mikey!

12. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I like the listen advice. Saying little can get you a long way.

Draft saved Draft deleted