1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you turn two baseball tickets into three?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Apr 29, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The wife and I had already been kicking around the idea of catching the Braves-Reds game Saturday in Atlanta. As luck would have it, I managed to snag a free pair from the local sports talk station in town yesterday. Only issue is, little 'hack is coming too and needs his own ticket. He's 5 now, and sitting in our lap isn't realistic anymore.

How exactly do I get three seats together? Ticketmaster (at least online) is useless for this, and I didn't see a direct number to the Braves box office on their Web site (just one for TM again). I'd like to either buy a seat next to the two I have or (more likely) trade those two in for two of equal value, plus buy a third next to them. But how do I get to a human being to acomplish this?

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is trade with a scalper and hope for the best.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Try trading on craigslist or with a scalper.

At worst, buy a single ticket somewhere and just sit together anyway. The Braves don't sell out playoff games, surely you can find three seats somewhere in the stadium.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Well, first you get a male baseball ticket and a female baseball ticket and when they love each other so much, you get a baby baseball ticket. Uh, sorry.

I don't know. I'd suggest calling the team and speaking to a real live human being. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fuck it, just give the kid a Mike's Hard Lemonade and he'll pass out until you get back from the game. :D

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Buy three single tickets boom boom boom. They should be next to each other.

7. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

Then he has five tickets. That's no good.

8. TheSportsPredictor

Huh? If you buy three tickets one at a time, you have three tickets.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

But he already has the free pair.

10. and, by the way, if you go to a box office and order one single, then another single, then another single... they ain't going to be together

11. TheSportsPredictor

Oh yea! I never did correctly answer that riddle about how many wives the man going to St. Ives had.

Anyway, you will have to call the Braves directly and see if there are seats available on either side of the ones you have. That means you'll have to get the tix (or seat locations) from the radio station beforehand. A lot of times you pick them up at will call.

Here's a number for the Braves off their website: (404) 522-7630

My guess is there won't be other tix available beside those seats cuz they probably give away an entire block of seats.

Draft saved Draft deleted