1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you talk/pray to God?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's like trying to catch a falling star.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Yes, I do have a personal relationship with God, Ragu. You should have one too. Perhaps then you would stop worshiping my posts. Your obsession with me, while flattering, isn't necessary.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You shouldn't be flattered. I'm not all that special.

I'm not much for praying. I can't say how I will be on my deathbed, though.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

With God Ragu?

I never knew He had a last name, I thought He was just God.....you know, like Charo.

But to have Ragu as a last name, what a coincidink! I'm betting Big Ragu is now going through the genealogy, trying to find out whether there is a family tie.

Meantime, what does Jesus' middle initial H stand for? Is it Heavenly? Horatio? Howard? Huckleberry?

5. The Big Ragu

The H stands for Carmine. I don't blame drip for that one. It's a common mistake. But I'm a demigod, not a full-fledged god.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I don't get it.

Why pray when your plane takes off?

With your God allowing young children to be abused and murdered, why in fuck is he going to massage your fuselage to a happy ending? (yeah, I went for it.)

7. Simon_Cowbell

For a bunch of jamokes who don't know as much as you think you do pertaining to matters related to the mortal coil, I LOVE the certitude of God's existence and his "listening to all prayers."

Fucking criminy.

8. The Big Ragu

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Take him to the SportsJournalists.com HR director.
    Bet you could this cleared up in about an hour or so.

10. Simon_Cowbell

I've got the market cornered on the majority.

I let my human logic and human morals lead my life.

If my belief that god is a pathetic, fictitious crutch proves to be wrong, I'll be OK.

We were all created flawed and the perfect being realizes this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. KG

KG Active Member

I'm post and run like hell before lightning really does strike in this thread.

Most of the time when I pray, it's more like a conversation. I'm not very formal about it. I think God is OK with me not talking like a poet when I pray. Sometimes I talk to Him when I'm driving, so it's not like I can bow my head and close my eyes. I'm so ADD, He must have to be sitting up there laughing sometimes, because I've actually caught myself saying, "wait, where was I going with this?" in the middle of the prayer.

I have a friend who has such trouble concentrating that she writes her prayers in a notebook, kind of like a journal.

And Simon, I really do hope you change your mind one day. Christian love sent your way, even if you don't believe.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

YO BARTENDER! JOBU NEEDS A REFILL!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted