1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Solve a Problem Like This, Maria?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

She's 6'2".

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Why would Nike cancel her contract so quickly unless they were desperate to get out if it?

Is anyone really all that outraged by PEDs anymore to the point where they'd think of Sharapova as a total pariah?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The BBWAA will keep her out of the hall of fame to punish her.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The 70s burnout look was probably calculated. Glamour girls don't get as much sympathy.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not the ones who vote based on pitching wins.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Two years. She'd be 31 if/when she comes back.

Sharapova suspended 2 years over doping test

"The ITF tribunal unanimously concluded that what I did was not intentional," Sharapova said in a statement. "The tribunal found that I did not seek treatment from my doctor for the purpose of obtaining a performance enhancing substance. The ITF spent tremendous amount of time and resources trying to prove I intentionally violated the anti-doping rules and the tribunal concluded I did not. You need to know that the ITF asked the tribunal to suspend me for four years -- the required suspension for an intentional violation -- and the tribunal rejected the ITF's position."

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I heard it was pesticides.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I thought it was for grunting.

Sea Bass likes this.
  10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Can't say I've missed her or her shrieking one bit. But she's paid a fairly heavy price for taking something (for whatever reason) that had only recently been banned.

Tournaments have been much quieter with her banned and Azarenka off having a kid.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I like grunting.

Draft saved Draft deleted