1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you plan to bring in 2013?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

OK here we are. Got a big date? Going to a show? Going to get drunk? Going to church? What is your plan for bringing in the new year?

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Sleeping.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I'm going to fuck my neighbor in the ass. Her back door is a good door, but I suspect it hasn't been oiled in a while.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sleeping.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, that's entirely too much information. Here's hoping you don't bring in the new year with an STD or worse.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lord. Let's stay off that path, OK? Let's resolve to come up with new material in 2013.

I hope to be asleep with three hours left in 2012.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I will be watching "The Apartment" on Turner Classic. Exciting, huh?

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Work, then possibly watching the "Ocean's" series.

Or sleeping.

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Regular-time dinner with a friend, televised ball drop from NYC (RIP Dick Clark), a couple of late-night phone calls, and probably lights out 15 minutes later.

10. accguy

accguy Member

Going to Lincoln at 6:15. Then having dinner nearby after. I'll be home before midnight.

To everybody going out tonight: Be safe.

I find NYE to be a total mess because of all the amateurs out there.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I don't bring it in. I ring it in. The last time I brought in a year, it just kept hanging around. Not gonna make that mistake again.

To my good friends who will be sleeping: Don't worry. I'll keep it to a dull ring so it won't wake you.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Stone crab claws for appetizer. Lobster and a double-baked potato for dinner. Champagne and a couple of belts of Gentleman Jack. I'll ring in the new year two hours before New York — that's what, Iceland? — and we'll be asleep until the damn neighbors bring out the guns and fireworks at midnight.

Draft saved Draft deleted