1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you pick your prep Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by FireJimTressel.com, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Mitch21

Mitch21 Member

I'd go with A.

If Billy Donovan takes Florida to the tournament this year after losing his entire team a season ago...and Roy Williams takes UNC to the final four..

who do you give coach of the year to?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Flip a coin. Or just give it to Coach A.
    To me, exceeding expectations trumps overcoming the pressure of winning when you're expected to win.

3. You know, spirited, you should turn your keyboard to "mute, because I don't have anything intelligent to say."
    Didn't you read this part of the initial post?
    "I'm not picking who you pick necessarily. I'm more interested in any points of view or questions you may have that I didn't think of. For the record, I'm leaning toward Coach A."

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Your newpapers...your job ... your decision... your responsibility.

Why are you asking for help (or validation?) from a bunch of people who know nothing except what you choose to tell us?

5. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Don't pick a coach that fucked a player. Or maybe you should. Beats me.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

It's simple. Find out who's team stepped up and battled, while working the hardest, never giving up and leaving it all on the field. Of the different leagues of the respective coaches, was any team in either league capable of winning on any given day?

You should also open it up for public discussion. Get the parents involved.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Pit both coaches against each other in a Steel Cage Match of Death. The winner is the Coach of the Year, and the loser, well, you know. Not to mention you have some great photos and you could even run a gamer from the match.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think Mayfly's response actually sounds more feasible than PO's idea about getting the parents involved.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

We play pin-the-tail on the jackass.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow..that's one of the most cynical reponses I've heard, Spnited. It's a journalism board and a journalism thread. Obviously the poster was torn and wanted to know if there was another way to look at it.

Don't want to help? Then don't respond.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, Alley.
    If I found out one of my high school writers was here asking a bunch of strangers help him pick our coach of the year, I'd rip him a new one.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Are we all really a bunch of strangers? I actually tend to value the journalistic opinion of several people here, even if a disagree with them.

Draft saved Draft deleted