1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you not realize you're going 109 mph?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, May 30, 2013.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Stating that a Honda Accord is known for its speed loses you credibility points. We may even suspend your license.

2. An Accord is a car known for its speed in a world where mom jeans are hot.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

It is amazing to think about how most of our modern mid-size sedans go 0-60 faster than a lot of 1960s and 1970s muscle cars, though. Our cars are modern marvels. Too bad they're all ugly.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed with Mizzou on some of those stretches. There are times driving from Wendover to SLC that I just wanted to put a brick on the accelerator pedal to avoid ankle cramps. And in Arizona and Calif. deserts, the traffic flow is about 80-85.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I drove 120 in my buddy's new Benz from Conroe, TX, until we were nearly in Corsicana on I-45 a couple of years ago.

Fell in behind a black SUV in Mexican plates and never got below 100. Needless to say, Houston to Dallas in record time.

6. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

You're all worse than Hitler.

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

That's specifically what cruise control is for.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

And where men wear socks with sandals.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not all cars will even go 120mph.

10. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

Exactly. And while my Accord probably can, I'd certainly notice if it did.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

How about finding out if it floats. Thanks.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

West of Palm Beach there's a stretch of road that runs five miles, turns 90 degrees, runs another 5 miles, turns another 90 degrees...etc etc for quite a while through the sugar cane fields...

...I once raced a guy who is pretty well known, he was in his Viper and I was in my month-old, 1998 Corvette C5. I reached 145 and he was in front of me but the car was getting a little loose and the biggest problem was the birds on the road were too close to call in getting out of our way.

I have to say it was one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted