1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you "live your life" while working nights?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Aug 20, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't think we're any different from many. Just trying to do our best as we learn on the fly.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

This really brings back memories. I shudder to think of going back to the days of working at night.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Try not to force it. :D

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I worked about 2 p.m. to 1 a.m. for most of my 15-plus years in newspapers.
    My love for alcohol and drunkeness are what made me a drunk. My work schedule just played into my strengths.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Not to dump all over a profound thread, but I had to call attention to this:

Must have been some massive shits.

EDIT: Curse you, riptide!

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I guess I'm an outlier, because I can't stand day shift. My last job was the bastard love child of an abortion and a grease fire, but even if it had been a million billion times better, I could never get used to 8-5. Wake up at 6:30, fuck with traffic both ways, eating lunch with half the known world, going to bed while the clock still sports a "p.m." -- even in the best of circumstances, that's a total downer.

My 4-12 (with the occasional 5-1 and 2-10 thrown in) is just fine with me. Single, childless, likes to drink and still gets adult swim despite being old as fuck. It's not the American dream, and I'd fuck it up even if it was, but I'm ok with this.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Best work I've done this month.

8. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

The subconscious is a funny thing, considering how I feel about that job now.

Draft saved Draft deleted