1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you fix a @%&#ed up ankle?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Oct 13, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: How do you fix a @%&#ed up ankle?

I took your advice last night and iced it for about 30 minutes while elevated and then slept with it elevated.

I woke this morning to very little pain, reduce color and swelling, so maybe it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I was expecting to fall to the floor when I got out of bed, but it didn't happen. When I woke up, I took a few seconds to feel it out an did some rotations before I got out of bed and hurt myself.

To my surprise, about half the swelling is gone and most of the purplish color has faded.

I'll take some ibuprofen this morning and ice it again tonight, but I think I've dodged a bullet.

Thanks for the help, doctors.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

precisely.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We're not doctors.

But you, after all thus hyperbole, might be a wuss.

You might want to stick to flag football.

;)

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Or a typical guy. ;)

Seriously, I have a horse flip over on me, lose consciousness for 45 minutes, then, 15 minutes after coming to, work a four-hour shift on my feet before going to the doctor (for a CT scan, not for ankle sprain-treatment) but somehow a rolled ankle knocked you out for the night?

Glad you're feeling better, but man, cowboy up!

:)

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

3 Bags.... I heard a pop when I tore the ligaments in my ankle back in high school. You may still want to get that checked out. Also, go buy yourself a brace. I had to wear one for a few weeks after it happened. But it's just this thing you lace up that wraps tight around your ankle. All padded and supportive. No metal or anything, except for the holes you run the giant ass shoelace through. But it's been fine ever since.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Two steps forward and one step back. After waking up this morning to my nice, no-pain surprise, I was on my feet all day. Swelling and pain are back. So, I've iced a couple of times, wrapped it and and have it elevated.

Pushed it way too far. Even jogging up and down a basketball court to "referree" a few games. :/

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you at Ft. Campbell or Camp Randall?

Draft saved Draft deleted