1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you feel about Candace Parker's C-cup being referenced in this lede?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 14, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

74th? Given her genes and pedigree, I'd say that is way low -- she's gotta be at least in the top 25!

And for the record, Mrs. Zagoshe was in a doctor's office a few weeks ago and read this article - well at least the first few paragraphs -- and then called me up all pissed off and wanting to write a letter to the editor of the magazine because of the "C-cup" lede to the article. She said it was demeaning and she refused to read the rest of the article about it.

Of course, I tried to explain to her that she needed to lighten up in the same manner I did to others who objected on this very thread........OK, maybe not, but I did tell her I think she was over reacting and she basically told me to STFU.

Anyway, I had to laugh about it.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The mere mention of that name should make Kerry Collins flinch.

3. sportsed

sportsed Member

I ran across this video yesterday and thought I'd share it here, given the context. Since the real tragedy in Glock's story was the redundant use of "C cup" in the lede, hope this advances the discussion. ...

99 Words For Boobs
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3b1e3750e2/99-words-for-boobs-from-amcc

Draft saved Draft deleted