1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you dress when you go to bars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 23, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Check the Phil Mickelson casual smedium collection.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Tight fitting ones, sure. But if you want to leave no doubt, go short sleeves. 60 percent of the time it works every time.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw a "gun show" t-shirt the other day that was pretty funny - but my adled brain can't remember the slogan.

Tight polos if you have serious guns. Just don't pop the collar - you might as well wear a sign that says "douchebag" if you do that.

5. Moderator1

And Dick - how the HELL can WE tell YOU what to wear in a family picture? We don't know you (thank goodness) or your family? Do you want a formal picture, a casual picture, what? Is it for you, for your folks, for your grandparents?
    There are no rules. Your family, your picture, wear whatever you want.

6. Moderator1

Hey - bite me!! I don't. I'm told that the bald white guy look remains somewhat cool and will work in my favor if I'm ever in the situation of needing it to work in my favor. Not sure how it combines with being fat and poor. That may not help.

Fashion rules are pretty lax these days. What looks good on me may not look good on you - that's not a weight/age factor, either. I know a couple of guys who look GREAT in bow ties and a couple who look like circus clowns. I went to church recently for the first time in about a decade and was one of the very few wearing a tie.

Wear what is comfortable. Be comfortable. Don't force anything.
    Chicks dig that. Or so I'm told.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You should wear that AJ McCarron t shirt.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/9/22/2442179/aj-mccarron-tattoo-shirt

8. Moderator1

If you're with a hot chick, let 'em call you douchebag all they want.

I don't think I could ever do the bar scene again. My daughter had a "date night" right after I moved up here to raise money for her mission trip to Honduras (where she has since moved). Six of her male buds and six of her female buds were auctioned off. The bar gave her all the cover money and half the proceeds from a special menu they devised for the evening.

And I felt like Grandpa McGee in there, though my kids later told me the waitress (mid 30s and very pretty) was hitting on me. I didn't even notice.

If I'm ever single again, I'm going to seniorEharmony.com or SeniorMatch.com. I'll wear a bib and drool. Yes, it has come to that.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I want one of those! No, check that, I want TWO of those. Secret Santa anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Screw that. I'll buy you one right now if you promise to post a picture online of you wearing that disaster.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Deal!

12. Moderator1

God help us. I'll have to lock this thread.

Don't forget that shoes make the man, no matter how you're dressing. I don't know much but I do know shoes. In fact, my SeniorMatch.com handle will be "OLDMANWITHCOOLSHOES"

Draft saved Draft deleted