1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you dress when you go to bars?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 23, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a big age difference. I did 12 years once. Said I'd never do it again. Then broke that record.

But, it doesn't really matter. As long as you're not being a manipulative creep (which you'd be unlikely to accomplish with a girl in the military), don't worry about it.

It's a perfect no pressure situation.

At the very least, you get out of the house more often.

At 35, a lot of your friends are probably married and don't want to go out. It's nice to have some younger friends, who actually have an active social life.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I walked barefoot for probably 10 blocks in NYC after one of the NASCAR Champion's Week shindigs at Tiffany's. We left to go find something to eat, and my feet were KILLING me. So I walked barefoot. Felt better. Avoided the dog shit and needles.

I also went barefoot in DC at the first SJ outing, I'm pretty sure.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, when you've got it, you've got it.

I imagine the star of "Moneyball," for example, could wear pajamas to the bar and have little worry about eating breakfast alone.

Someone wrote to some magazine recently asking how to look like Daniel Craig in a suit.

The advice columnist's answer: "Look like Daniel Craig."

Draft saved Draft deleted