1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do I steal off someone's ITunes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, May 16, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My point was that you said you had yours password protected so no one could "view/listen" to your music in the same sentence in which you said you listen to other people's music. You didn't say you, or they, were stealing it, just listening to it at work.

I don't get why you'd lock others out of your library when you peruse and listen to theirs.

My post had nothing to do with the thread title. It was in response to Funky's post about his decision to password protect his library while still listening to others' music at his workplace. Has nothing to do with stealing, it's more about sharing.

2. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

bigpern, i should have been clearer. i can -- meaning it is possible -- listen to other people's tunes. it's a feature when people have itunes on the same network. but i do not listen. another reason i block it -- it's not so much against sharing but more about what people might find offensive. if i have a comic or band or song that someone finds offensive, i'd just rather avoid that discussion whether it's with my boss or HR. (though, i'm sure HR would apologize to me). also sent you a PM.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Ah, gotcha.

If you're going to want to "borrow" songs from someone else, but copyright your own library, that's a whole different ballgame I wouldn't condone.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

kill him.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

OurTunes or MyTunes is a program you want to get. But, you must be on the same network for that to be able to work. You just cant go stealing off anyone's iTunes.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Going back and reading your post again, I think I just inferred that you DO listen to other people's stuff because you said you CAN. My mistake.

The offensive/not offensive argument is a good one to avoid.

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Yes.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Can't swing 99 cents a song? The Westin will charge you 10 times that much just for looking at the mini-bar.

Draft saved Draft deleted