1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your paper play the NCAA women's basketball championship game?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We put it on the cover, but alongside the Goestenkors hiring.

Local baseball, Mavs and Altman stiffing the Hogs made cover too.

2. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

It got fifth-story treatment on our front: bottom right corner wire story, no art, jump inside to the botttom of a page with the trophy getting handed over. Jump was underneath a staff follow from the men's game.

Our centerpiece was Masters (10 years of Tiger and a column); we also had the Nationals losing their second game and the reeling Wizards losing again.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Two ACC teams last season, it was the centerpiece. This season it was one column down the right side.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I didn't play it at all in my paper, but that's because my paper is a local paper that focuses exclusively on one county.

Had our local big school been in the championship round, I'd have played the reax piece on the front (we don't have the budget to send anyone out of state).

5. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I don't know. Imus thought it was a big deal.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, look at what it took to make it a big deal. And what made it a big deal had nothing to do with what happened on the court.

Draft saved Draft deleted