1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did your paper play the David Beckham signing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mr. X, Jan 12, 2007.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Cutout, giant number, pun headline, subhed with a typo. [/designer]

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Troll Option No. 6.

Troll Option No. 7: "We ran it on Page 8 without any art ... and we liked it that way!!!"

(Don't tell me he's a one-trick pony!)

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Beckham made Sports front and story was done by a staff writer along with a timeline/graphic

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck shot, the question was asked and answered. what do you want from the guy?

btw - as much as i hate the "sport" of soccer, becky made the front of sports here the past two days.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Fuck tom, I want something that isn't a throwaway, pissy little dig.

Did you misunderstand his intentions there, or do you really want to align behind the troll now?

6. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Someone stuck up for DP? Something is not right in the world.

7. It couldn't have been intentional.

8. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

It's Petty. I'd be willing to believe anything, up to and including him being a 14-year-old kid with a lisp whose only real life friend is the kid that craps himself everyday at school. I won't bother venturing a guess as to who's more popular out of that duo...

Anyway...

It was our centerpiece, news story plus Robert Millward's column, small inside box with some career highlights and whatnot. Skybox refer on A1.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Mert:

If you get with a therapist, you might be able to lose that lisp.

You'll have to work on breaking the crapping habit, though.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I get it, so I'm BOTH of the above characters in your little fantasy? Awesome. How many people do you think have looked at your posts today? Anywhere near your quota?

And Meatie, there wasn't anything that needed to trump one of the biggest athletes in the world coming to America that day. A day later? Perhaps. Yesterday? Possibly. Today? Probably. But keep it up. Your tutelage under Petty is incomplete, but you seem to be coming along at a pretty rapid pace.

As an aside, boy, nothing gets to me like wordplay using my SportsJournalists.com handle. You are a fucking genius.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

It's the NFL, buck. Nothing else ever has, or ever will, matter.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

So which one have you conquered, Mert? The lisp or the crapping?

I can just hear Mert in his office: "The NFL playoffs happen every year." Brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted