1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did I not know this!???!! Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 3, 2018.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

That Paul Newman had died. Way back in 2008 no less!

Was watching a movie recently with Robert Redford in it, and got to talking about that dynamic film duo. Wondered about Newman lately, how old he'd be, etc., and looked him up. Boy, was I surprised.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard a radio PSA of him touting the Nature Conservancy in the last month. He sounded as good as ever.

3. DanOregon

David St. Hubbins sang on the "HearNAid" track Stars - but no Ozzy or EVH?

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That Cardi B was a person in the world. I learned this by watching Jimmy Fallon last night.

Is she trying to be like Zsa Zsa Gabor? She was fairly funny. The music was...not good. But she was fairly funny. And it seemed like a put on, like her whole persona is a R-rated satire. But maybe not.

5. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

What the hell was that? I am looking it up, but who the hell thought that was a good idea.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That Ice Cube's real first name is O'Shea.

Songbird likes this.
  7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Ronnie James Dio and a couple of his bandmates organized that whole thing right after Band-Aid and then "We Are the World" becames such a big thing, so the hard-rock community decided they had to get in on it.

Always was a big mark for those bands, so I was into it.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Took me about three years of renting 15-20 cars per year to finally figure out that there's a little arrow in the gas gauge that tells you which side the gas cap is on. I used to either guess, try to remember to look as I got in the car on the way to the airport or fiddle with the side mirrors to see the gas-cap door. Felt twice as stupid realizing it then as I feel admitting it now.

maumann likes this.
  9. DanOregon

The book MASH, which was turned into the movie MASH and the tv show MASH - was co-written by Richard Hooker, a pen name belonging to longtime sportswriter W.C. Heinz.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who'd have guessed he was Irish?

dixiehack and justgladtobehere like this.
  11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

When I read about the Humboldt player with paralysis, the story said he was going to play “sledge hockey.” Why did I think it was “sled hockey” since they compete in little sleds??

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I feel like I figured that out far too late in life, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted