1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How come you never write about ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You know how people you meet in the course of your work or maybe out in public when they find you are a reporter are fond of saying, "How come you never write about ..."

And it's always the hard-working local swim team or GOOD stories or stuff that you do write about all the time.

Anyone ever give you the "How come you never write about"

and it's a good story like the local car dealer giving Lincolns to recruits or the high school soccer coach forcing players to practice naked or something?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Someone is in the process of giving me a scoop that is going to blow everything involved with Balco out of the water. I am pretty sure this guy's stuff is rock solid and I will now be considered a young fucking stud and be offered jobs at every major newspaper in the nation.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You must be super cool!

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Oh Lord.

This could get messy in a hurry.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The great thing about these kind of sources is that they are informative and get right to the point...

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wow. Just wow. :D

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

There are tears in my eyes right now, because I'm lauging so hard.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

your laughing so hard about what?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"One-seventy-four, baby. One. Seven. Four. Oh, yeah."

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I have no idea what Ace is talking about. People making story suggestions? That's preposterous. Would never happen.

11. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

How come you never write about ...

Rec league bowling. I don't even know how to respond to this anymore. My other favorite is cheerleading. My God.

Draft saved Draft deleted