1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How cold is it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jan 14, 2011.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Two days after we got a foot of snow, it is now 10 degrees in Northern New Jersey. But there is not a speck of ice on the roads.
    Expecting a low of 11 tomorrow. And by Sunday it will be lows 40s.

Go figure.

2. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

The North Atlantic Oscillation is really f'ing up La Nina for the Eastern time zone.

Snow in 49 states as of a day or so ago; February 2010 was the last time we had snow in all 50.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

In East Tennessee, we've had one day that it got above freezing since Christmas. We don't have a ton of of snow, maybe 6 inches (top of the mountain has 12-14 reportedly). It's just not going anywhere. It started really last Friday night. Kids haven't gone to school all week.

4. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Six inches of snow and no school all week? Yikes!

5. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

It was so cold . . .when we milked the cows, we got ice cream! When we milked the brown cows - we got chocolate ice cream!

It was so cold . . .Playboys ceased operations because the models all refused to take off their clothes.

OK, I'm done now.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yeah, it's not going away. I spent a hour on Wednesday out on my road helping pull cars out of the ditch trying to get up a big hill and they'd slide off. There was a group of us out there. No sooner would we get one car out and someone else would come along slide off. It's been a mess. It started last Friday night and dumped on us early Saturday morning.

The real mess has been our local basketball schedules. Teams haven't been able to play all week, and now they're scrambling trying to reschedule up to three conference games.

7. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

It got down to -10 today. But I'm in Montana so that probably doesn't count.

8. pffft

pffft Member

Friggin' freezing. Sucks big time. My three-block walk to the bar tonight was much more difficult than I anticipated.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's so cold, my coat didn't want to go outside.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was 13 here the other night

11. beanpole

beanpole Member

Will be 60 today, nice enough to fire up the grill before Ravens-Steelers.

Sometimes I don't miss New England at all.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Am I the only one who has seen 30 below this month? Anyone?

I figured as much.

Draft saved Draft deleted