1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How cold is it in your neck of the woods today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Dec 8, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A heat wave. 21 here right now. Got down to about 5 last night.

Supposed to be warmer the next week, including near 40 tomorrow. Of course, that's a sign of global warming. Then again, when it gets cold, that's because of global warming. And when there are a lot of tropical storms in 2005, that's because of global warming. And when there are practically no tropical storms in 2006? You guessed it: Global warming.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

In Chicago, it's pool-dick cold. But on the east side of Lake Michigan, they just got another big dump of snowfall. Long live the lake effect!

3. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Low of 3 this morning and it made it up to 18 briefly this afternoon. :)

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

79 F out here in SoCal. Wind chill of ... *gasp* ... 77.

Goes down to 67 F tomorrow, as a little rain moves in. Brrrrrrrr! 8)

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Along with a bunch of spyware (or at least it used to have a bunch).

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've never had a problem with it. I run AdAware and Spybot every week.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

26 degrees in Southern Indiana.

Wind chill was down around 4 last night, which in Celsius translates to "Total, total bullshit."

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

29 now, 55 tomorrow, 65 by Sunday ... I love me some living in the South.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Just remember, it could be worse where you're at:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/Barrow.html

10. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It was extremely cold here today. Wind chill of 63, I believe.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, don't get frostbite! 8) I miss San Juan Capistrano . . . :'(

. . . and the Bay Area. Especially the East Bay this time of year. :-\

Funny as hell line. :D Never heard that one.

But it can always be worse:

Sunny, right. Kind of like 'dry heat' in 115 F in Arizona : )

Not even going to ask what temperature that equates to! :-X

-------------------------------------------------------

What I really love is the southern and western folks rubbing it in, with the '65 F - brrrrs,' etc. That makes the "hard-core competitive East Coast" part of my heart smile. Very New Yorker-ish, and I mean that as a compliment. And I'm not a New Yorker.

That's one of the best things about living on the East Coast, the vitriolic pleasure one team's fans take when another team in the same town (Mets/Yankees, e.g.) - or any bitter rival - falls on its face, that whole 'kick 'em when they're down' mentality. It's just not the same on the West Coast (Lakers/Clippers, e.g., although that rivalry has picked up). The weather's too nice, and there's too much to do and enjoy to feel bitter. In the south, however, you definitely can see that attitude with college football (e.g., Auburn/Alabama) rivalries.

I was listening to NY's WFAN 660 AM yesterday, and a NY Giants fan spent like two minutes explaining why the Jets weren't having a better season than the Giants even though the Jets have a better record. Priceless stuff.

If I have to bear this crappy weather, I'll seek whatever shallow comforts can get me through the winter faster. Now that the Yanks signed Petitte (sp?), I'm looking forward to about three straight days of Mets fan Lupica's columns ranting about the Yankees and their spending. I think he started on it today.

Three fewer days until winter's over. Stay warm everyone, especially those shivering correspondents in the west and south. ;)

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Geography issue here: SF stands for South Fargo.

Draft saved Draft deleted