1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How closely will you be following the Olympics?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Not a bit. Thank you for asking.

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Yes, his other premise is that the network will give more airtime to the more popular sports. Shocking.

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I'll watch every minute of it I can when I'm hope. I'm a huge Olympics nerd (and to a lesser extent, world championships).

I know next to nothing about water polo, team handball, archery or freaking modern pentathlon, but if it's on during the Olympics, I'm there. The only things I tend to skip are sailing and the equestrian events.

4. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

If NBC shows those creepy mascots at every commercial break, I'm bailing on the Olympics.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

I actually had modern pentathlon tickets in '96. It was the same day and same location as mountain biking which I got tickets for. Kind of dull, but I can honestly say I was there when glorious nation of Kazakhstan won its first Olympic medal.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool, actually.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Good looking girls get more attention. Period.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My son eats it up, so I expect it to be on full-time, as well as clogging the DVR. I'm anxious for him to watch mens' gymnastics, since he is entering his second year of competition and hasn't had any guys in the sport to follow.

Me, i'll glance at it if I'm around the TV and something catches my eye. Might make extra effort to find kayaking, since I'm starting to get into that.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I just love watching the stories unfold, no matter the sport.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Guy I know without cable or satellite and lives too far to get reception through an antenna is now complaining about not being able to watch the Olympics. Geez, the guy could have spent the $60 to get basic cable for a month.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I could watch the field events in track & field for 10 straight hours. And this is about the only time they'll stay with a competition on-air. I'll be watching plenty of that.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I don't even have to turn the TV on and I could have told you this.

Draft saved Draft deleted