1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How closely will you be following the Olympics?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I was covering certain sports for the official website and helping at the press conferences at venues. No specific athletes.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Not that it has anything to do with the thread -- but I was in Atlanta yesterday/this morning and went for a run in Olympic Park where it went down and that was what I was thinking about the whole time.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Getting back to Karyoli for a second (and to add to the topic drift as well): Isn't his wife the US coach? Why not go for it in other areas and, say, have Brian Williams bring in Michelle Obama and Ann Romney each night to talk about the campaign?

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, I'm sure they will get to that, too. Maybe Michelle and Ann can stage a women's wrestling (or boxing) exhibition.

Marta Karolyi has been the US coach for about as long as I can remember. Bela ticked off too many people inside USA gymnastics to be named official coach. But Bela and Marta were a good story 20 years ago. Gotten a little old.

Draft saved Draft deleted