1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How close (or far) do you live from where you were born?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 6, 2009.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

535 miles. My family moved from there when I was 2, so I don't miss it much. ;)

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

1.7 miles currently.
    11.86 farthest.

EDIT:
    Oh, and the funny the thing is, I've moved five times in the past four years alone.

3. KG

KG Active Member

I don't really care so much about living close to where I was born. I just want my parents closer to me. I've thought often about making some financial and other sacrifices in the future to be closer to them.

4. Goldeaston

Goldeaston Guest

24,600 miles. But only if you go the long way. Otherwise, it's about 300.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

6. 991 miles from where I was born and 110 miles from where I actually grew up.

7. Whatever you do, don't entertain him. It gives him a big ego.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Born in Hickory, N.C., lived in Raleigh until I was 3 and my mom and dad moved back to Kentucky.

When I lived in Lexington, KY, I was almost 500 miles away. Where I live now, which is further south of Lexington, is almost 600.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I think since so many of us moved away so early in life, it might be telling to say how far from our parents we live, or where we graduated HS.

for me: 844.91 from my parents, 831.34 from the city in which I graduated HS.

10. For me it 110 from both my parents and the high school I graduated from. I didn't move very far.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Since I graduated from college, the closest I've been is 280 miles, and there is nothing, jobwise, that would get me real close to home. All things considered, just as well.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

For the past four years, I've mostly been about 350 miles from home. For two separate four month periods I was around 3600 and 2500 miles from home.

Draft saved Draft deleted