1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How close (or far) do you live from where you were born?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jan 6, 2009.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This was my original post on this thread. About a month later, I was living 5,049 miles away. So, yeah, that was a big change.

Now I live 5.4 miles from the hospital at which I was born. And I have two children, both of whom were born in the same hospital.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The Googles say I live 27.5 miles from the hospital in which I was born. At one time -- first job out of college -- I lived 950 miles from there.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I have lived approximately 458 miles from the city where I was born since 1983. I grew up in a town 1,011 miles from where I was born, which is the furthest I've ever lived from that city.

The thing is, though, I left the place where I was born with my mom when I was about 2 months old, after my dad went overseas with the Navy, and I have never once been back.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

20 miles as the crow flies.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Just over 600 miles, currently.

3,941 miles (driving) is the farthest I've ever lived from where I was born.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

At most, 7,580.
    Now, 868.

7. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I actually feel the opposite since moving away from the East Coast, despite my parents and siblings still living there. I now live more than 3,000 miles from there, where I grew up, but just 700 from where I was born. The furthest I've lived from the town where I was born is about 4,900 miles.

Draft saved Draft deleted