1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, Sep 14, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll be waiting for W-B at 3 p.m. tomorrow by the willow trees.

2. KG

KG Active Member

While I think it's wrong for a man to hit a woman, a woman shouldn't hit a man either. That's why both go to jail in 'real life' for it. I wouldn't hit anyone without expecting the chance of getting hit back.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. both don't generally go to jail for it. The man does, the woman -- unless she uses a dangerous object -- doesn't.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, tell the wife to stop slapping you, then.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Wasn't refering to her.. society in general... it's like the teachers-with-students thread. Man's a perv and is hauled off to jail for years and years; the women get off much lighter in general.

6. KG

KG Active Member

Slappy, let me slap you in front of a cop, and we'll see what happens. ;)

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, slappy (who apparently doesn't recognize the understood blue font) pays extra for that.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

hmmmm

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not quite. Maddie slapped David twice, but he didn't slap back. On the third try, he grabbed her arm and it was ON. Cue "Be My Baby" and their relationship was finally consummated, capping one of the best television moments of all time.

Great site about that moment, including a clip of that show. At that time, Moonlighting got more attention than Lost does now:

http://www.davidandmaddie.com/doit.htm

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

At that time, cable had like 25 channels. Just sayin'

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I keep thinking that Addison is the greatest TV character ever, but I haven't seen them since the originals. I wonder if they hold up.

Draft saved Draft deleted