1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HOW CAN SHE SLAP!?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Matt Foley, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

So there's this new indian game show where the contestants have to relive what it was like to be bullied during their first weeks of school. The show has recently been getting international attention because of a video where the hostess slaps one of the contestants who immediately slaps her back, prompting a group of males in the audience to come after him. Now I do think that the video is pretty funny, but what I really want is everyone else's opinions on what was appropriate in this situation. Personally, I would never strike a woman unless there was a direct threat of physical harm to me or someone else, but I don't think that you can blame this guy at all. What she did was deliberate and pre-meditated, and the bottom line is that no matter who you are, you cannot do that to someone else and not expect them to retaliate. Also, I believe that the whole thing about men never being supposed to hit a woman because she can't fight back also applies to the group of douhebags who go after the guy, since one guy against 20 is every bit as helpless as a woman against a man.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I read something about this. I still don't get it. Look closely. She's holding a whip. What is the premise of the show and is she supposed to be a Dominatrix? Forget about "How can she slap?"

How the hell do you end up on a TV show being cursed at by a woman holding a whip in the first place? Is this a common form of entertainment in India?

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Only in Jamshedpur.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think I counted 39 people -- one woman, 38 men. But some of them could have been repeats. And I don't think more than three or four got a shot in on that dude.

It wouldn't surprise me that this whole thing was staged to grab publicity.

6. I know nothing of this show, nor do I give a damn, but I do remember being just stunned when Sam slapped Diane after she slapped him during an episode of Cheers.

I want to say the same thing happened during an episode of Moonlighting and some much more recent movie, but I might be wrong.

Oh, and there was that time that Zach pimped slap Kelly; but that was her fault. Kelly shouldn't have been hiding the money from her tricks.

7. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

This is one of the less-funny things I've ever seen posted on SJ.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're a rotten liar. Take that back.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

No, it's true. I saw that one the other day.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have no idea. Why are you asking me?

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I once hit a girl who accosted me in the hallway in high school.

My only regret was that I punched her in the arm rather than in her face.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's okay Mikey. Take a deep breath.

Draft saved Draft deleted