1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can men turn things around?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

But enough about the Koch brothers.....

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Get a run in the fifth, a couple more in the sixth, and suddenly, it's a game.

3. What! Who's there!? What do you want!? Because all your gonna get is holes...Uh.. I mean... holes in you... not my holes...

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And it's stream-of-conscious night at SJ

5. Brad Guire

Brad Guire Member

These are the kind of story topics I openly roll my eyes at when an editor brings one up at a story meeting. "Let's ask a question everyone is asking, and let's answer it for readers." Let's also use random statistics, polls, anecdotes and generalizations for this story, which is really just someone's commentary rather than real news.

And, really, the message in the commentary is "why aren't you doing things the way I think they should be done?"

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

By reading this BLOG! ... http://artofmanliness.com/

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

My father joined the Navy the day he turned 17. I have a feeling Call of Duty wouldn't have afforded him the same outlet he was seeking.

I can't remember the last time I played video games. I asked my niece to send us an old system about a year ago. We never set it up, and I'm not sure we could find it around here.

I hope that I will impart my complete and utter lack of patience to my son so that he will not find himself glued to a chair in my house 14 hours a day playing video games while his mom brings him peanut butter sandwiches in between bong sessions until he's in his mid-30s.

Come on, genetics!

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

He can stay as long as he wants. If he shares his bong hits.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is that Olberman in a wig?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

This was a poorly written article.

What people like this don't get is that it's not a zero-sum game. Men can succeed. Women can succeed. It means more success overall, not that one side is "failing."

Draft saved Draft deleted