1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can I prove I'm not Sam Kane?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm Sam Kane, and I approved this message.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

[​IMG]

Unavailable for comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i had that same exact shit happen to me on my home line in the midwest. i started calling the real aggressive fuckers back first ... about 18 times a day.

"hey dipshit, i'm not sam. how does it feel to have a hunk of your day wasted?"

then i'd wait awhile and call back roughly 17 more times. those fuckers quit calling. one dude threatened to call the sheriff's office, but i told him i already beat him to the punch.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

check out Clarkhoward.com. Clark has a consumer-oriented radio show out of WSB in Atlanta has has a way to get those F***s off your back.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Tell them to hang on until you get your recorder because you are taping this call.
    Then tell them that you are not Sam Kane and are tired of taking these calls. Any further calls are in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and they are not allowed to call again, other wise you will be contacting your state's attorney general.

Then tell Detroit to trade you right fucking now.

And hang up.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Do the whistle. I did it once and the girl scout never ever tried to sell me any cookies ever again.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You could tell them Sam Kane died. I bet you could even dummy up an obit at the office to mail to them.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Write, can I get your digits?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tell the collector you will e-mail your payment, get his addy, and send it to NAMBLA.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Who do you got to go and drag Marlon Brando into this?

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Hey Sam, did you know your car warranty is about to expire and we need you to renew it??

12. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I keep getting similar calls for a Jimmy Simpson. I changed my cell last September and evidently got the former number of Jimmy Simpson, who, apparently, has run afoul of some creditors. They call, and I tell them that this is no longer his number, but they keep calling back. Beyond frustrating.

Draft saved Draft deleted