1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How big is your "bracket?" -- A HIMYM homage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Apr 1, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So, in honor of how I Met Your Mother, I was wondering about how big your "bracket" is.
    Monday night's show went through Barney and 64 women he had wronged. More amusingly, Marshall said he had a list of the women he had slept with, his marriage license. Good stuff.
    Anyway, not partners you have wronged, like telling them you couldn't see them again because you were a ghost who came back to life once every year, but using your past and current partners, hookups or flings, how many spots would you need for your bracket?
    I maintain neither a list or a scrapbook, so I'm going to need some time to come up with a number.
    But I know I got enough for a Sweet 16 or a largish Christmas basketball invitational. It is a girls only tournament though.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Are you asking for everybody's magic number? Or the number of women (or men or both) who we may have wronged who would want to sabotage our sex lives?

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If you didn't marry them and make an honest woman out of them, then, in a way, you wronged them.
    If you told them that you loved them, but didn't, lied to them to get sex or did something else, then count it.
    Hookers don't count.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Dammit. Let's see. Six minus five is one. So, one. [/Max Moseley]

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

All I got is a final four.

The champ is definitely at my house right now, tucking our trophy into bed. The rest? Mid-majors at best.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've slept with six of the eight women I've kissed. It's all about the percentage, not the total.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're one who likes to get a lot done in a short amount of time, aren't you?

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have cut down the nets at this point, so exactyl how I got here I'll keep to myself.

I did not, I assure you, need a play-in game.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Were you a 15 seed, though?

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

We can start with the amount of women I have been "involved" with in my young life and it could field a full NCAA tournament. But from that, if you are going to count with whom how many of those women I went into the second half before pulling my starters, the number can be cut in half. From there, half can be eliminated that I didn't sleep with, so we are down to a Sweet 16. Now, two of those were Cinderella picks, where I was desperate, stranded in the corner with one second left and wide eyed, so I just heaved up two shots that happened to result in a win. We can narrow the field to an Elite Eight from those 10, because I had to block a last-ditch effort from two of the women since our personalities didn't match. Once we are in the Elite Eight, we can knock it down to a Final Four, because the remaining four women are those with whom I had sustained emotional and physical contact (full-out relationships). As of right now, there is an MVP who stands above the rest of the field. Maybe she'll eventually be the supreme champion, but hey, isn't that why we play the game?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How many would need a NIT as well?

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I've got a CBI, but not everybody qualified.

Draft saved Draft deleted