1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How badly did Israel screw up?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

2. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I can hardly believe the IDF would deliberately target the UN installation.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Still not exactly the kind of thing you can say "Whoops... s-o-r-r-y bout that..."

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

They screwed up bad. I wonder what their excuse is going to be this time.....

P.S. This act is very similar to what a terrorist would do.

5. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

bad, bad error. will have consequences.

but, chuck, you are an insult to the shoe. terrorists intend to blow up things -- including themselves.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Yes, that's true, but blowing things up that intend to bring peace to an area is not a terrorist act?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. But blowing things up to eradicate an entire nation off the face of the earth (which is Hezbollah's goal toward Israel) is terrorist act.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Oh, I agree. Hezbollah is a terroist group(don't get me wrong with that situation). Then what do you call what Israel just did? A "mistake"? A "sorry, we didn't mean it" situation?

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Well, it could be a mistake. Or it could be a rogue soldier, rogue commander, etc.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What is troubling me is that even though just about every news report is reporting that Israel bombed the post, buried in some of the stories, Israel's ambassador to the U.S. is saying that it is unclear what happened yet. Here is the quote from the CNN story:

Yet the headline is: "U.N.: Israeli airstrike hits U.N. observer post

So I am wondering did the Kofi Annan jump in without facts and condemn the Israeli's without the facts causing big headlines, or are the Israeli's full of shit when they throw out the possibility that they didn't do it?

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'd say both options are equally plausible.

Draft saved Draft deleted