1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I thought I was translating "Thus always to dinosaurs." Noted.

2. joe

joe Active Member

Got it, Rex.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What does 'continue to get worse' mean?
    Tea Partyers and Occupyers both think the country's in trouble, but they might not fight on the same side.

Get some perspective.

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Look there's more talking about it now than in times dating back to the depression. And to say never, well, if America's forefathers had kept their mouths shut in 1776, we'd still paying for British tea.

And some of you liberals were at least contemplating this when GWB was running the country and the economy was at least believed to be strong.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, there's not more talking about. It's just the lunatic fringe is more visible thanks to talk radio and the Internet. But the percentage of Alex Jones whack jobs is not growing.

And it will never happen.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'd go to war against my own mother if Tim Tebow told me to.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If you'd been around in 1770, you'd have been guarding the entrance to Boston Harbor and advocating for the hanging of anyone seen associating with the seditionist colonials.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Except for the entirety of the ten years from 1965 to 1975.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If the American forefathers had kept their mouth shut in 1776, a whole lot of lives would have been saved and America would have gotten its independence eventually anyway.

But I'm sure all those young men, kids basically, laying on the ground starving, in pain and bleeding to death, felt really good about the fact that some rich guys wouldn't have to pay import duties on their tea.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

printdust - This is an honest question: What is so bad? Stop making that general statement. Tell us, specifically, what is so bad that it is worse than the Civil War, the Great Depression, World War II, Vietnam, and 9/11? The economy? Employment is coming back. I couldn't get a parking spot at the mall yesterday. School prayer? Battle's been over for 50 years.

What is so bad? We can't address your posts until you tell us, specifically, why you are close to staging revolution.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Mooslims, Libruhls, high taxes, communists, atheists, David Stern, Howard Stern, pants on the ground, elites, welfare, Jews, reality TV, steroids in baseball and the Nissan Leaf.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

BG, you're obviously a pawn of the gay marriage agenda, since you omitted that from your list.

Draft saved Draft deleted