1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that the voiding of the Chris Paul trade is a sign. To the bunker!

2. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I think I'm a lot further from going to war with my country than you are. I'll leave it at that.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Print only beats his country because he loves it so much.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it all stinks of beatnik and pepper spray and entitlement.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm declaring a one-man war against Washington D.C. unless they get rid of Daniel Snyder and Mike Shanahan.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

The insinuation that my views are that of McVeighs. I'm just saying that as everything this country stands for erodes, how far are we to go before standing against it the way the colonists did? That took courage and I think anyone of right mind in here would say they did it for righteous reasons.
    Today is one of those low ebbs in time. How close to collapse? I don't know. We hear of it all the time. The world is a pretty crappy place in a lot of ways these days. Just how far will we be pushed until we say enough and at that point, how much will be worth reclaiming?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/Better-Angels-Our-Nature-Violence/dp/0670022950/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1323462707&sr=1-1

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Everything this country stands for" is A) still there and B) constantly evolving.

You don't like the way things are the in the USA? Fine, change it. Get involved in a political campaign. Start local, as those affect your life the most. Hell, run for office your owndamnself.

But when you start talking about treason and using phrases like "how far will we be pushed," you sound like those mouthbreather militia types I see at gun shows.

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

With all due respect, those are the exact same questions McVeigh was asking himself. We know what his answer was.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sic semper tyrannus.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Who exactly is pushing you? Who's the "enemy" here?

12. joe

joe Active Member

edit: tyrannis

Draft saved Draft deleted