1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

That's a subcategory under "Libruhl," "atheists" and "reality TV."

"Nissan Leaf" has a more indirect association. If you are in the "movement," you'd understand.

WOLVERINES!

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

REM or Billy Joel?

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I'd add: czars and the War on Christmas.

4. BrianGriffin

"Atheists" and "Jews," respectively.

WOLVERINES!

5. BrianGriffin

Communists and the second one falls under atheists, high taxes (hurting Christmas sales and Christmas job creators), Jews, Mooslims and the Nissan Leaf.

WOLVERINES!

6. BrianGriffin

The armed forces academies run the option. They should MAKE all NFL teams run the option, after a required 10 year military commitment in Israel/Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran.

WOLVERINES!

7. printdust

printdust New Member

The economy BACK? From what view, the upper 3 percent?
    Underemployment and unemployment numbers are way higher than what's being reported.

But go ahead and believe the Demo talking points.

I didn't say things were at that point YET, but they aren't good.
    Again, READ: The question was at what point would they become so bad would you consider it. Obviously with some of you there is no point, unless a radical right government takeover occurred and prayer WAS OK in the schools. You're part of the capitulating societal attitude that engulfs France.

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

You make a compelling argument, Brian. Some good umbrella terms you listed above that encapsulate so much of what is wrong with America. This is truly the Uncertainty States Of America.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

How are "things" worse than in the Civil War/Reconstruction, the Great Depression, World War II, or Vietnam? Be specific.

You did hint at income inequality, but I was not under the impression that income inequality is a huge issue for you. Aren't you a dyed-in-the-wool Republican?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Media! How can anyone forget the libruhl media?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And what is keeping the unemployed masses calm, unlike during the Depression?

Here's a hint It's called unemployment insurance. It's allowing people to still put some food in their kids' mouths, unlike the Depression, when it was fend for yourself. When people are hungry, they riot. When they have food in their stomachs, they can deal with other problems.

And who has constantly been against unemployment insurance, all of the extensions? Here's another hint: It ain't liberals.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced that printdust is a movement conservative idealogue. He goes to the income inequality well quite often. Poverty seems to be a concern for him. I wish he would stop being defensive long enough to spell out his ideology for us. I'm interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted