1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad would bad have to get before you went to war against your own country?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 8, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

If the country gets worse, which it sure seems headed that way, at what point would you be part of a revolution - and basically in violation of U.S. law?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Depends if I had been deluded by a multi-decade oligarchist media conspiracy to believe anything and everything encompassed by the government represented sheer evil.

Funny the ones who claim to know the Constitution so well and love it to the ends of the earth seem to be the ones itching to shitcan it.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Is this a reaction to Alabama being chosen over Oklahoma State?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Madonna for the Super Bowl.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

To answer your implied question, the Occupy movement is constitutionally protected protest and is not a revolution.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well, they THOUGHT it was perfect. But then that ... you know ... got elected. They thought the constitution would protect them from that.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Is it possible to receive your newsletter on my facsimile machine?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Three Democratic presidents in a row. At least two of the three minorities or women.

It's a high bar, I realize, but I think Revolution is a pretty big deal. I don't enter into it lightly.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What if one was a minority woman? Would that count as two? Or would that just mean instant Revolution?

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Starman has already declared war on this country. :D

11. Dick Whitman

What are you, some kind of egghead smarty pants "professor of law" trying to stump me with all your "gray area" stuff?

12. Dick Whitman

My real answer.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted