1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad does 2 kids with 2 women hurt Brady?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Agreed. Things happen, especially if you have super models crawling all over you but there's not much worse than a deadbeat dad. And so far everything seems amicable.

2. Huh?

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

With five layers of fraud protection, he can use his Visa Check Card to make child support payments.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once again... is it possible that some of us are reaching VERY far to find a racial double-standard her just because a white guy got caught in a situation that looks bad?

5. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

I, for one, don't think so. Not a reach at all. There are racial double-standards. I haven't checked the latest on the Borges thread ... but can you believe there are people actually defending him? If this were someone like Jemele Hill, the thread would be 20 pages long, and locked twice.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LeBron just announced that he and his girlfriend are going to have a second baby. They are not married. But at least he is with the same woman.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are deciding what the reaction is before it even happens. At this point, all we have is a very unreliable source saying the model is pregnant.

All I am saying is wait until the thing actually happens before you make up your mind rather than trying to assuming things will unfold to fit your preconceived notions.

8. Rasputin

Rasputin New Member

Pertaining to the comment about no one joking about Garvey, I heard tons of Garvey jokes, especially on the late night talk shows:

Bumper sticker - 'Honk if Steve Garvey is your father' et al.

With all the wiseasses on the radio and internet, nobody gets a free pass.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I'll bet there are a couple dozen NBA, NFL and MLB players who have multiple children with multiple partners who they are not married to. Yet it's Brady who gets brought up. Where's the double standard again?

10. How many of them are golden boys with what, three super bowl rings? ... Troy Acheman and Emmit Smith might get the same treatment but not Irvin ...

11. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Out has a point. There is no confirmation yet. But from talking to friends in Boston, this is THE story. It has replaced Dice-K, even if only for a day.

I, for one, can't imagine it's true.

Lester - probably no mention of other athletes because a) they aren't Super Bowl MVPs, b) they arent presented as 'Golden Boys' and c) the women are randoms, not boldface names.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Agreed. And that's what I am talking about. The double-standard applied is not white-black but newsworthy-not newswrorthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted