1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad does 2 kids with 2 women hurt Brady?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by thebiglead, Mar 8, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The locker room prank of pricking pinholes in your teammates' Trojans is in poor taste and should be banned.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Is this all based on the Brazilian gossip column? No other confirmation or comment, except for denials, that she may or may not be less than two months pregnant?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course, you are just assuming the reaction without waiting to see what it is. And as pointed out above, there are many differences between Brady and Kemp beyond the color of their skin.

4. Never hurt Larry Bird. Shoot, most people don't even realize he has an illegitimate kid who has nothing to do with. Even after SI did a story on that several years back.

5. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Well Brady's people took a few days to comment on the Moynahan thing ... so ...

I can't imagine it to be true, though.

6. Bingo.
    A desperately over-the-hill US gossip column quotes the "Richard Johnson of Brazil" as a source for a "she said." Damn solid.

7. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Ambrose Bierce said it best when he defined bigamy ("A mistake in taste for which the wisdom of the future will adjudge a punishment called trigamy.")

YHS, etc

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

"Dick Johnson?"

It is intriguing, on several levels. Previous to this offseason, the guy never made a move unless it was calculated by an entire team of handlers. As a result, it was clear he had begun positioning himself for a life in politics once his football days are done. Now, I'm not so sure a guy with one out-of-wedlock child wouldn't have serious problems gettuing himself elected, even a Golden Boy like Brady and even in the bluest of blue states. And for a guy who professes to be a good Catholic (and visited the Pope), and is all about family values, these are odd times.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

As I recall Garvey's hobby didn't become big news until after he retired.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of my favorite bumper stickers ever...

"Steve Garvey is not my Padre..."

I don't have a huge problem with Brady if he supports both kids... It will look bad if he doesn't wind up with one of the mothers...

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If only someone would write a fictionalized version of the story...

12. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I won't say it's a racial double standard or otherwise. But replace Tom Brady with....LeBron James. Someone with similar stardom who is generally well thought of by the media. I wonder how this would shape up if LeBron was going to have a couple of kids born a few months apart from two different women.

What if the women was fairly well-known women? What if they weren't? Would Whitlock race to his computer to crucify the thuggish hip-hop centered NBA?

Lots of little questions here.

Draft saved Draft deleted