1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad are TBS playoff broadcasts?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 4, 2007.

1. I was glad to hear Steve Stone's voice yesterday. I haven't had a chance to listen to him in a while, but he's the best color guy in the business. I almost always learn something listening to him.

2. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

The Jeter fellatio has begun. It's funny how he's been in the playoffs six consecutive years without winning a championship -- and was captain during the worst postseason choke job in baseball history -- and has still never done anything wrong.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Stone has a regular gig on WSCR in Chicago.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ernie Harwell's not walking through that door
    Vin Scully's not walking through that door
    Jack Buck's not walking through that door

Baseball announcers are getting to be just as bad as NFL qbs.

5. OK, I think the thing I hate the most about TBS baseball are these commercials for "Frank TV." This looks like the worst show in the history of crappy tv.

6. TheS

TheS Member

Second this. A handful of years ago a couple of buddies and I came up with a drinking game during a Red Sox-Yankees game on FOX. Basically, it was a take a drink every time they did a fan shot of fans being stupid or one of those cameras in the dirt or a shot on a Big Papi sign, etc.. After starting in the second, we didn't make it through the fifth.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I want to know why TBS didn't have any good angles on Damon's homer. Instead of showing a replay, viewers watched the umpires gather around and discuss the call.
    Then when they did show the home run, it was from a terrible angle and you couldn't even see the ball until it was past the pole.

Despite all of this. I would still rather listen to Caray, Brenley and Gwynn instead of Tim McCarver or Berman.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

David Aldridge just reported that Bake McBride will play outfield for Game Three instead of Greg Luzinski... more to come...

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This game will never end, that's all I know.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nice shot of Sager high fivin Indians fan on Martinez HR. So much for non partial national announcers.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The other nice part of that Sager interview was this: He's interviewing the guy that bangs on the drum out in the stands on the premise that the guy has been at every Indians game for 34 years. He asks the guy about how understanding his boss must be to let him go to all the games. The guy tells him he's pretty much missed all the weekday day games. Oops.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

So much for impartial announcers as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted