1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How bad are TBS playoff broadcasts?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Oct 4, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Different network with Buck. Seems like TBS is going out of its way to avoid conflicts of interest.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm really gald Oresillo informed us that the crowd is mostly dressed in red and white.

WTF did he expect in Philly? Dodger Blue?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Orsillo ain't the sharpest tool in the shed.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Well played.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In Aldridge's case, he doesn't cover the Phillies.

6. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I don't think that is really Ripken. It looks more like Steve from the Jerry Springer show.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I honestly thought that guy was out of an SNL sketch. He had that cheesy local news anchor look going and it seemed like he was trying to read a teleprompter that was moving too fast, which I doubt was the case considering he was doing his report from the stands or whatever. Pretty painful to watch.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I didn't catch last night's games, but the crew covering Phils-Rocks is dreadful.

9. Boobie Miles

I understand you're just projecting, but I'd really hope that's not the real reason. I know there's a difference between a beat writer and an announcer, but I'd really hope Orsillo would be professional enough to not be a homer. Given that he presumably knows more about the team than any other announcer TBS has, it baffles me that TBS didn't put him on that series.

I guess I'll have to watch a little more, but in the few instances I've seen Ripken he's seemed solid. He might not be like all of the other cackling idiot former players who speak loudly but don't say anything (I'm looking at you every NFL pregame show), but I figured the folks around here would appreciate a guy who pretty much tells it straight without trying too hard to be a "personality." That said if he's incredibly boring, it's obviously not going to make for great viewing. I like what I've heard from heard from him so far in terms of incite, and hadn't really noticed a particularly wooden delivery.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm not projecting anything. I'm speculating.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

I repeat from last night;

Somebody take Dick Stockton out to the desert and cut his throat.

Orsillo and Simpson are awful.

Frank Thomas is just frighteningly bad.

I got no problems with Joe Buck.

12. Boobie Miles

A million apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted