1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you going to spend your stimulus money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

We got ours today.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

At least a third of mine is going back to the city of Richmond for personal property tax. Maybe I'll spring for a bottle of good Scotch with some of the rest. Or maybe I would be wise to stash it in case something does go awry in my job (though there are no indications of that happening ... yet).

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Got it this morning.
    I think I'm gonna venmo my kid in college some money and say "Hey. It's been a long year. You've got good grades. You've got a part-time job that you're doing good at. Here's a couple hundred. Go take your girlfriend out for a nice dinner, get a couple cases of beer and have fun."
    Knowing this shit-ass, he'll take his girl to the Taco Shop. Spend $8.00 there, get a couple cases of Coors Light, and pocket the rest.

Tweener likes this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Out for a nice dinner?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes. When all the shit calms down.
    Considering there probably isn't a nice restaurant open there........

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm not getting one. I married too well.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

First world problems.

8. Neutral Corner

I'm going to pay off a credit card. I'm going to buy a pistol, because our house was broken into several years back and the long guns I had were stolen. And before you get all "Gun crazy Southerners" on me, I've had someone come in my back door in the middle of the night uninvited within the last three months. It will be an old man's nightstand gun, not an everyday carry kinda thing.

OscarMadison and Tweener like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Got my Trump money deposited today. I guess the check didn't bounce after all.

Tweener likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

You got there early.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We got ours today, $3,400 (me, wife, two kids) going straight to credit card debt.

After the initial outlay for stocking up, we’re spending so much less every week than we were. No gas, no eating out, no drinks at a bar — nothing.

My wife will keep her job because she’s essential and a badass. My part-time editing gig pays $40/hour, but we’re not dependent on it because I only work 5-6 hours per week. Wife makes enough to pay all of our bills.

We are very fortunate, and we know it.

Tweener likes this.
  12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted