1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How are you going to spend your stimulus money?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a lot of us here will qualify for the money. Interested in hearing plans for the bread.

Socking it away for living expenses? Have a purchase or plans in mind to help "stimulate the economy?"

I'm going to get new headlights for my car - spend some of it at local restaurants (in addition to struggling, they donated a lot of food to local food banks and shelters) - maybe donate a portion to a worthy cause.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Hope none of those plans are to buy things you need right away.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My info is on file - or should be.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

If both my wife and I stopped getting paychecks, I told her we stop paying the mortgage first, then the electric bill (they won’t shut off here), then the car payment, then the credit cards, or we keep one paid and active.

What that money allows people to do is buy food and gas and medicine for a few months. That allows you to keep living. The other stuff can be sorted out later.

Tweener likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Like I said on the other thread, I'll use mine to keep spending at local restaurants. I'd be fine without it, as there has been zero indication that any of our jobs are in danger because of this. I was going to spend my bonus from earlier this year on a trip to France, and that doesn't look like it's happening at this point, so I'm fairly secure.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I would say . . .

$1,047 tax bill
    $1,300 auto repair bill

But the check won't arrive in time for either, so it'll just add to my two-year Dave Ramsey emergency fund.

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Two chicks at the same time, man.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ah, shit, I forgot about my impending personal property tax bill on the new whip, which will probably be 5-6 times higher than it was on the old one. Maybe I will stash a little of that away for that ...

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We'll probably invest it to help rebuild retirement accounts.
    We're pretty set in terms of bills and ready cash.
    I've never been one to think money was burning a hole in my pocket, and my wife is as tight as they come.
    I guess that's why we aren't hurting.

Tweener likes this.
  11. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Trump bux going straight to savings. Though, I'll be getting less money because I'm not in the target income bracket.

That's a $1 million. At best, one of the girls -- the ugliest -- will flash one breast.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was kicking around trading in my current car for a newer one before this shit hit the fan. Part of me thinks it’s the dumbest idea ever at this time and the other part thinks I could probably get a great deal since interest rates are low and these guys aren’t selling anything. If I do, the 12 hunnert will replace the cash i would be taking from savings for the down payment

Draft saved Draft deleted