1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How about a Super Bowl 49 thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Don't make your kids go to bed at the half. Who does that? It's the Super Bowl.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

One is 3, the other is 10 months.
    I'm not some psycho who wouldn't let a 6-year old stay up to watch the home team. I was raised better.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Many of us have to work. Quit yer bitchin'.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Seahawks win, for the lone reason that 75 percent of the wagers are on the Patriots anywhere from +3 to -1. If Vegas thought the Pats were going to win, they'd be anywhere between -3 and -7, to draw money onto the Seahawks.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember when it was a 2-hour pregame and that was considered a big deal.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is clearly a situation that requires jewelry. And maybe an offer of oral sex.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get the people who bitch about the long pre-game shows. Watch something else. Clean your house.

I'm rooting for the Patriots, but I really don't give a shit at this point.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Rhody, watch at home. Kids snooze, you booze.

10. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

My kids are 7 and 8, and we'll let them stay up to watch. Usually, they'll fall asleep during the third quarter, or if it's such a blowout, I'll say, "Ok, you don't need to stay up to see if Denver loses by 50."

This is the first year I can remember where I'm completely torn who to root for. I'm probably leaning toward rooting for the Seahawks, which is saying a lot from a lifelong 49ers fan.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The mark of how good those NFL films were is that they made even the games with the Minnesota Vikings seem watchable. Because in real life, the Vikings were the most dreadful Super Bowl team ever.

Songbird likes this.
  12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'll find out the time of the opening kickoff and turn on the TV about three minutes beforehand, just so I know of any late-breaking news, such as overnight arrests, one of the team buses stuck in traffic, they replay the official measurement of PSIs, yada, yada . . . I can't think of one good reason to watch pregame.

Draft saved Draft deleted