1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How about a Super Bowl 49 thread?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by I Should Coco, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I suppose we should start one that talks about something besides deflated footballs and Lynch's lack of comments to the press.

Looks like the line is still Patriots (-1), with an over/under of 47.5. I like the Seahawks, and the under.

And what's with the XLIX? Isn't the proper Roman numeral IL?

That's all for now. The 88-hour-long pregame show is about to start ...

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Who ya got in the Puppy Bowl, Team Ruff or Fluff?

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Personally, I want the Patriots to win pretty big. Professionally, a Seahawks victory would be better. Either way, hope it's a good game.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I'm to the point I want it to get rained out. But I'll try to win some money on the squares and eat lots of good grub. If you twisted my arm, I'd go for the Seahawks.

5. ESPN is having a 4-hour long pregame show. A lot of people think that's too long or not long enough. I think it's the right length. That way they can properly recap the season.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, NBC's coverage starts at noon, so ... I won't be watching until at least 4.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Actually, XLIX is correct (I looked it up). I'm so sick of the NFL corporate police trying to drain every last dollar out of fans and players. The league has gotten to a point where I now go out of my way NOT to support NFL sponsors. I know at some point the league was about football, now it just seems to use the sport as a marketing ploy.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the great things about Super Bowl week faded into oblivion. Used to be such a thrill to listen to the Voice Of God dissect all the Super Bowls while watching sports cinematography and post-production work for the ages.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I've watched all but one Super Bowl since the late '70s and I don't think I've ever watched a pregame show.

10. One year ESPN had the Grownups cast on set for like 30 minutes. It was hilarious and actually entertaining and insightful.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Here's a dilemma:
    Wife wants to watch football at her parents' house. We have a 70-inch TV, they have a 55 and while they watch football, they're the people who scream at the TV the whole game. Plus I get asked to interpret every rule and why a play happened and have to explain why running on third and one isn't a bad choice.
    Option 2 is going to my buddy's house to watch the game. The downside is not drinking because the wife won't go (40 minutes away, but everyone is far away from us). The upside is watching the game with knowledgable football fans, no kids I have to pay attention to and I can bullshit with my friends.
    Option 3 is not go anywhere. Downside is it's anti-social. Upside is kids are in bed at halftime, my tv, and booze won't be a problem.
    I really want to talk my wife into going to my buddy's, but she doesn't want to travel with the kids. They'll be miserable the next day, but that's my problem because I'm the one taking care of them.
    Oh, and the day after is the wife's birthday. This is so stressful.

12. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Dynamite analysis by Adam Schefter on PTI today, saying the Patriots had never played in a Super Bowl decided by more than four points. Among things not on Schefter's radar:

Draft saved Draft deleted