1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston's Case Keenum should win Heisman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnoopyBoy, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If Tim Tebow is in the Heisman conversation Dan LeFevour should be too. They're same type of player except LeFevour is better.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

But he hasn't cut off excess pecker meat like Tebow.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I would comment on how comparing the success of a QB in a pass-heavy offense in two or three games to a QB in a more balanced offense doesn't mean much as far as Heisman legitimacy goes, but every time I see this thread, I keep thinking we're advocating that Casey Kasem win the Heisman. The knock on him, of course, is that while he reaches for the stars, he has a problem keeping his feet on the ground when he passes.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Snoopy, there are a lot of people who don't remember Bill Yoeman, the Veer, his groundbreaking integration of major-college Texas college football and the great UH teams from that era.

And whoever wins the Heisman this year will be the lamest winner since Tim Brown.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You make it sound like the only reason Tebow might not win it is people disliking him. Do you really think he has the numbers to deserve it this year?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Florida is so loaded with talent that he doesn't need to put up big numbers. And yes, this is a down year of Heisman-quality players.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pardon me for thinking guys should get credit only for what they do, not what they didn't do because they didn't have to.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

May Tebow strike you down!

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lamer than Eric Crouch?

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Or Gino Toretta?

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No.