1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Nutt fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 7, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Boone busts a Nutt would've won the thread title of the year. Just sayin. And I, too, can vouch for the Ole Miss coeds. I married one :D

2. mb

mb Active Member

Nutt's gotta be happy that this time things didn't end with his cell phone records getting FOIAd.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to Nutt, he turned down Nebraska. He claims the NU plane was waiting for him at the Fayetteville airport, but he just couldn't get on it because he loved Arkansas too much.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

His manipulative agent spreads those rumors that would make you think Nutt was ready to be hired by the Dallas Cowboys.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Orgeron deserved a fifth season to try and win something. Had he gotten a couple of good lieutenant coaches around him they might have stirred up something big, with all those recruits he was landing.
    Croom got a fifth year at State in that same stretch.
    Ed deserved one, too.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Very, very nicely done. This is an A-list post if ever there was one.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There are still LSU fans who think Saban seriously endorsed Nutt as his successor. Anything close to that would have simply been a favor to Sexton, who is Nick's agent too, and perhaps to Nutt. Sexton is good at keeping his clients' names out there, as we all know.

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I can't believe that Colorado will fire Embree after a year. The school held on to Hawkins an extra year because of the buyout and Embree wil have at least as big a buyout.

But could the rumors be for Colorado State? Steve Fairchild is on his way out. And Nutt would make some sense there. He would be the biggest name the school could land and the thinking might be let's get a coach with a reputation and some success rather than bring in some coordinator with no experience and no name identification.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Orgeron actually only got 3 years.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Steak, I am laughing my ass off at the Rodney Dangerfield clip in your sidesaddle.

11. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ed O deserved more than 3 years.
    That's just my opinion.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Croom also won a bowl game and had a few moments where he looked like he might be on the right track. Orgeron had none of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted