1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Houston Nutt fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Of the places where I've covered games, Ole Miss has one of the coolest gameday atmospheres. Some of the "traditions" you see at stadiums are pretty lame, but Ole Miss does it right. Granted, Eli was there when I covered a game in Oxford.

That said, one of those traditions is not winning like Alabama or LSU. :D

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Only school in America that redshirts Miss Americas.

Had an LSU fan tell me one time, "You gotta go to a game at Ole Miss. Those women take care of themselves. The mamas and the daughters."

3. Mizzougrad96

Gotta love a school where the women dress up to go to football games.

That was definitely one of the coolest places I ever covered a college football game.

4. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I have heard rumors he may be at Jacksonville State or UAB. Certainly the Alabama BOT would be in favor of that.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Why the hell would JSU get rid of Jack Crowe? He's done a great job there (and he beat Ole Miss last year).

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Could be that Crowe is retiring after the season. Nutt worked for him at Arkansas.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Razorback fans tried to warn Rebel fans four years ago, but did they listen? Noooooo......

8. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Crowed and great job are NOT in the same breath. He has run the program to a standstill. JAY fans and alumni are not all happy. Perhaps check on how the staff blew the EKU game on Saturday.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

But...its been rumored Crowd to UAB...which is why I say Nutt could go to JSU. Nutt is a heckuva I-AA coach

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

How many ways can one man misspell Jack Crowe's name?

11. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

My phone has auto spell on it. Damn this technology!

12. Mizzougrad96

Didn't Nutt turn down Nebraska a few years back?

Draft saved Draft deleted